Wednesday, May 20, 2015

terminal 2 at sfo (aka the virgin america terminal)


(San Francisco, CA).  I've always been a fan of flying Virgin America since they were one of the earliest airlines to give travelers their own TVs to watch regular TV, listen to music or watch movies (for a fee).  It made flying less dreary and more entertaining.  Usually if I'm going to San Francisco I will opt to fly on Virgin and it's always a pleasure to land in (or depart from) the Virgin terminal (Terminal 2) at SFO.  

What's so great about it?


Well, since it's relatively new - the space is clean, modern and airy.  In addition to the normal (uncomfortable) seats, there are groups of lounge chairs situated near convenient plugs for charging.  



There are many nice choices for food and drinks such as Vino Volo for a glass of wine while you are waiting to board, or Cat Cora or Lark Creek Grill for full meals.  There are also juice and sushi places which offer relatively healthy fare at the standard "airport" premium.  There are also nice shops for browsing like the Kiehl's shop or Mango.  I particularly like the Napa Farms Market where you can pick up local San Francisco treats as last minute gifts or souvenirs (i.e., fancy chocolates, nuts, olive oils, etc.).  See here for a complete list.


Finally, there are yoga rooms or Xpres Spas where you can get in a quick stretch or a mini massage.  I used to think I would never want to pay for such frivolity, but as I've gotten older and more prone to creaky joints, my opinion has changed. Although I like to travel a lot, I still find flying very exhausting - so anything that can make the tedium bearable is a plus!

This is one of my favorite terminals because it has enough variety without being overwhelming.  I've heard the international terminal is London is crazy!  Does anyone have any tips or recommendations?  I'm pretty sure I'll be going to London in the next few years so I'd appreciate any info!

No comments:

Post a Comment