Wednesday, June 15, 2016

restaurant review: peche seafood grill

(New Orleans, Louisiana).  Peche Seafood Grill is an utter delight!  No wonder it has not one, but two James Beard awards!  I've been here a few times and every time, I'm blown away by the delicious food - fun and upbeat vibe - and friendly and competent service.
 
Fun, buzzworthy bar scene.

There is so much good food in New Orleans that my list of must-haves continues to grow.  Peche immediately made it on my list and it's not getting knocked off anytime soon.  Obviously I'm not the only one since the place is packed every time I visit and reservations are highly recommended.


My favorite pasta dish!  Spicy and fresh!
 
Oddly delicious steak tartare.


Everything I've ever had here is delicious.  My favorite dishes however are the crab and jalapeno pasta (sometimes instead of crab, they use crawfish) - fresh, sweet with a nice spicy kick - and the beef tartare - which is odd since I don't like beef tartare normally.  However, the Peche version is strangely appealing.

Other delectable food include:

Fresh briny oysters.

Shrimp roll - fresh and sweet!

Light, flavorful hush puppies.

Like a snickers bar...

Key lime pie - my husband's favorite!

Cocktails are also interesting and lovely here - very important for any good restaurant in NOLA.

Many restaurants have jumped on the "small plates" bandwagon but few do it as well as Peche.  I really can't recommend this place enough.  If you are visiting New Orleans and you want a delicious meal in a fine, but casual, dining atmosphere - check this place out!

No comments:

Post a Comment