Friday, January 16, 2015

random musing: beware of the glassware/mugs in hotel rooms

I've read so many articles throughout the years of how the cleaning staff in hotels don't thoroughly clean the hotel rooms between guests.  And I have yet to read an article that confirms that they clean (if ever) the glasses (water or wine) or the coffee mugs that are in the hotel rooms.  It gives me the creeps just to think about it...

So how do I deal with this (other than bringing my own glassware which defeats my constant goal of light packing)?


Simple.  I will wash the glasses or mugs in super hot water with soap or shampoo or whatever will foam up and make sure I rinse them well.  Don't make the mistake of just doing a superficial rinse or wiping with a dry tissue!  Then when I'm satisfied, I will have my little nightcap or morning coffee and not worry about creepy crawly germs in my glass.

Just a random Friday musing.  Hope it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment