Friday, January 9, 2015

longchamp le pliage bags - perfect for travellers!

For many years I would look at the Longchamp's Le Pliage bags at airports and ponder whether I should invest in one for my trips.  I would ask the nice sales clerk to show me a bag, fold it up, and unfurl it again.  Then I would look at the price tag (about $145 - yikes!) and walk away.  

And yet each time, the bags would "call" out to me.  I had many friends who loved them for travel.  In fact, one travel companion always hid a few Longchamp bags in the compartments of her luggage in case she shopped too much on her trip and needed to break out the Longchamp bags for the journey home.  So about 10 years ago, I took the dive and got a Longchamp Le Pliage tote at duty free on my way back from Taiwan.  

So, was it worth it?
 

Unfurled and ready to go!
All folded up - snug and tight.  (OK, I'm not that good at folding it but it still works...)

Yes!  Ever since then, I dutifully pack my trusty tote in my luggage for any international (or long) trip where I might be shopping.  If I don't end up shopping, then the Longchamp tote would stay folded up in the compartment, barely taking up any space.  If I did end up shopping, it was nice to know that I could check in my carry-on, and just carry my Longchamp tote for more delicate and/or valuable items.  Alternatively, there have been times I've had to check it in, and as long as I could lock it, I was not concerned about the bags ripping since they are incredibly strong.  It was also great as a weekender bag.
I'll normally put a small TSA-approved lock on this to deter pickpockets. 

In short, these bags are uber convenient and durable and they carry a lot!  In addition, it's such a classic that it will never ever go out of style.  I consider my Longchamp tote as a travel necessity now.  And while they are expensive, in my opinion, they are worth every penny.  I've wasted lots of money buying cheap totes and/or knockoffs, and they are easily ruined or look shabby after a few wears.  It would have been more economical for me had I just saved up and gotten the real deal in the first place.

My longchamp bag has gone on numerous trips with me for about 10 years, and is still going strong!  Other than a small dirty smudge, it barely shows any wear and tear, and I have no doubt it will go on many more trips with me for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment