Friday, November 14, 2014

restaurant review: el segundo sol in las vegas


(Las Vegas, Nevada).  After many years of going to Las Vegas, I'm less inclined to go to the fancy, famous restaurants from around the world that decide to open up a Vegas branch mainly because they tend to be poor substitutes for the originals.  Now I try to find local or more casual eateries because there's no point in my mind in paying a Vegas premium for subpar food.

On my recent quickie trip to Vegas, we didn't really plan out our meals.  Instead after a long morning of outlet shopping, we decided to pop into a Mexican place that one of my travel companions had gone to before.   It was a pleasant surprise to find a casual, affordable eatery on the strip.  El Segundo Sol is located in the humongous mall across from the Wynn.  However, don't let the very touristy locale discourage you.  The food and service are both lovely if you enjoy straightforward, fresh and tasty Mexican cuisine.



What are the most important things to me about any Mexican restaurant?  Delicious chips/salsa/guacamole and good margaritas of course! This place scored well on both fronts.  The chips seemed homemade - piping hot and crispy and served with an assortment of salsas.  The guacamole is made fresh and isn't overly seasoned which I appreciate.  My margarita was a perfect respite against the hot afternoon sun.



My entree (mushroom quesadilla) was also delicious and flavorful.  And my friend's fajitas looked amazing!  I would definitely come back here in the future.  It's perfect for a leisurely lunch or happy hour after some shopping!  Grab a patio seat in the shade and enjoy the people watching which is particularly good in Vegas!

3 comments:

  1. This restaurant is sooo good! I stayed at a low cost hotel I had booked through http://las-vegas.hotelscheap.org/ and I wasn't sure where to get dinner, so I asked the woman at the reception. She kindly gave me the adress of this wonderful place. If you are staying in Vegas, you should most definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you dear. I also select a restaurant which serves good quality food. Popularity of restaurant doesn’t matter for me. Mostly we visit Las Vegas restaurants for having delicious food or on some occasion. I am sure you will love to eat mushroom quesadilla over there with tasty salsa. Share your reviews here when you visit there.

    ReplyDelete