Wednesday, November 5, 2014

local restaurant review: providence

(Los Angeles, CA).   I often feel conflicted when I'm asked about Providence - the high-end sister restaurant of Connie and Ted's (one of my favorite restaurants in LA).  I have only been to Providence a few times and each time the whole experience was lovely.  The service while formal, is always superb, and the food is always beautifully presented and interesting...  but then after I leave, I don't really crave or miss anything I have eaten there.  While the food is always creative it is never amazing for me, which is a problem when a meal at Providence can be quite expensive (about $250 per person with wine).  I feel if you are going to spend such a large sum on a meal, you should be able to think back on the entire experience fondly, but you should really be salivating as you remember the food you ate.  I can honestly say that has never happened for me when I'm thinking of Providence.


That being said, the food is gorgeous as you will see in the pictures below.   But if you are looking for a special events dinner in Los Angeles, in my opinion, there are other places that will offer you the same great service and ambience with more memorable food.  If you want some recommendations, let me know in the comments below.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment