Wednesday, March 11, 2015

uniqlo - my stop for travel wardrobe essentials

I don't generally buy clothes at Uniqlo - the only exception being what I consider to be 'essentials' for my travel wardrobe.  As I may have mentioned before, I detest checking luggage so it's important to have travel clothes that are versatile, light, durable and do not take up too much luggage space.

My favorite essential at Uniqlo is their bra top (see link here), which is basically a tank top with a built-in bra.  I get them in a variety of basic and fun colors and I can usually pair them with a multitude of bottoms, jackets, and scarves to create a lot of different looks.  They dry pretty quickly so I can easily wash them while I'm traveling  and get multiple wears during a single trip.

My second favorite essential at Uniqlo is their ultra light down jackets and vests (see link here).  They are surprisingly warm for being so light and packable!  You can literally fold them up into a teeny bitty packet which barely takes up any room in your luggage.  I absolutely rely on these jackets when I travel during the winter.  (Note - They probably are not warm enough if you are actually going to be skiing or snowboarding in the snow, but for most city winter vacations, they'll do just fine.) 

Finally, Uniqlo has a series of Heattech clothing that is supposed to help you retain heat.  I use these for layering if I'm traveling to a cold location, but I don't find this series particularly cute, and I'm not sure they are as warm as my silk underwear.  But as layering pieces, they are sufficient.

Apologies that this post is going up in March - but the bright side is that since it's almost spring, the ultra light down jackets are all on sale now so it's a good time to pick some up!  

No comments:

Post a Comment