Monday, October 26, 2015

traveling the baltics with ecolines

How easy is it to travel around the Baltics? Very.
A comfortable journey.

Obviously, one can fly between the main hubs (e.g., Vilnius to Tallinn). Although that is a quicker way to travel, a cheaper but still comfortable way to go is via bus. Ecolines is a company that provides seamless travel in the Baltics region. 


For € 16.50, I was able to reserve a seat on an Ecolines bus from Tallinn to Riga this past winter. Although one could buy tickets at the station, I bought mine online well before I even left the USA.
Manned ticket counters.
Automated ticket counters.


Ticket I bought online.

Checking in at the Tallinn bus station was easy. The station had plenty of monitors, which made it easy for travelers to check their bus departure time with the corresponding departure bay. 
Monitors.

The departure bays were also clearly marked.
Clearly marked departure bays.

The seats were comfortable with decent recline and leg room. 
Comfortable seats.

I had my own video screen (I watched a couple of English language movies) as well as wifi access. 
Watching 22 Jump Street.

I also had the added bonus of watching the scenery pass me by for about 4 hours. My bus had a toilet in the back but, to be honest, I did not use it. I have a thing about those so I avoid them like the plague.

The overhead air vent, light and call button.
A staff person was also on board to sell snacks and answer questions.

A quick note: you won't go through immigration traveling around the Baltics. So, sorry. No new passport stamps for you (and me).

Overall, I recommend Ecolines.


What is your experience with Ecolines?

No comments:

Post a Comment