Friday, October 31, 2014

local review: milk jar

(Los Angeles, CA).  I had been meaning to try Milk Jar since it opened in the spring of 2013.  I love cookies (especially chocolate chip cookies) and a place that only sells cookies has to have amazing cookies, right?


 At least I hoped that was the case since I was bringing the cookies to a family barbecue.  I picked up 2 dozen cookies at Milk Jar (including chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, oatmeal chocolate chip, chocolate peanut butter, raspberry and white chocolate, white chocolate and macadamia nuts, and rocky road).  They wrapped each cookie individually (to keep them fresh) and then put it in a box with an old-fashioned ribbon.  Super cute!

Fortunately, the cookies were a big hit!  Each cookie was big and had a nice balance between crispy and chewy textures.  I especially enjoyed the chocolate chip and chocolate peanut butter cookies, and the men loved the oatmeal chocolate chip and raspberry with white chocolate.  I find it fascinating that men seem to gravitate towards fruit desserts whereas most women I know gravitate towards chocolate desserts.  Weird, huh?


I can't say that these are my holy grail cookies (that honor belongs to Cake Monkey), but Milk Jar definitely makes some damn good cookies. They do have some seating there and you can order coffees, teas or milk with your cookie fix.  Enjoy!

Each dozen was about $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment