Thursday, February 12, 2015

dessert review: bonuage on melrose avenue

(Los Angeles, CA).  Recently while I was strolling around Melrose Avenue waiting for my wax appointment at Wax (my favoritest wax place ever), I came upon BoNuage and I was so happy!  I had seen pictures of their cute meringue cakes on many food blogs and newsletters but I had no idea where it was located.  



I went into the tiny (but very cute) store and was delighted by the display of desserts.  I picked up two flavors - peanut butter and caramel and took them home to share with my husband.



Were they as good as they looked?


For my personal taste - yes!  But I can't say they would be everyone's cup of tea.  It is essentially meringue enveloped in a light flavored whipped cream and covered in chocolate curls and other fancy toppings.  It is quite rich and sweet despite the lightness of the cream.  So if you enjoy the nice crunch of meringue with yummy cream, then you'll like this cake.  Aside from the taste, they are visually stunning and would "fancy" up any event.  



Each mini cake is about $7 so they aren't cheap - I would save these for a special treat!  It's sort of nice to see something unique in the dessert realm ... I have to admit I'm tired of all the cupcake shops...

No comments:

Post a Comment