Wednesday, September 14, 2016

restaurant review: le bistro gourmand

(Nice, France).  As a lactose intolerant person, French cuisine tends to be too rich and creamy for me.  But there are some homestyle French bistro food I enjoy with the aid of lactaid pills.  In my search for good bistro cuisine in Nice, I came across this helpful blog - www.bestofniceblog.com - which has wonderful tips and recommendations for Nice.  

Our group took up one of the dining rooms which was quite light and airy.
 Based on the review there, my friends and I decided to dine at Le Bistro Gourmand, and it was a lovely surprise.  


 
We started with some crouton-like bread and a savory spread.  The kids loved this!

Black truffle risotto - delicious, rich and earthy.

 
My husband and I shared the simply prepared fish - very fresh!

 
Close-up of the fish.

 
A gorgeous cheese platter.

The highlight of the meal - Grand Marnier souffle.

Wonderful service, delicious simple food, and one of the best souffles I've ever tasted!  Our lunch probably lasted 3 hours and it was great to be able to experience it with a bunch of dear friends and their little ones.  If you are in the area - check it out!  Reservations are recommended. 

1 comment: