Wednesday, July 15, 2015

restaurant review: mariscos 4 vientos (a mexican seafood gem)!

(Los Angeles, CA).   After watching (and salivating over) a delicious video of Mariscos 4 Vientos posted by one of my favorite youtubers, Mark Wiens (see his video here), I made it a mission to go and taste the delicious seafood tacos and tostados myself!  And I was not disappointed!


Mariscos!  Where have you been all my life???

On a Sunday, we arrived in a rather industrial area and we quickly found some street parking.  There is a small parking lot next to the main restaurant but it was already full at 11:40 am.  In front of the restaurant was a food truck. The food truck basically serves the same menu so if you don't want sit-down service, you can just order from the truck.  I had heard there are 2 other locations right nearby but I didn't see them.


We went in and put our names down for a table. We immediately noticed that we were the only Asians in the place.  In fact, I suspect we were the only non-Hispanic people there - but that only served to validate how authentic this place is.  The wait was pretty short (maybe 10 minutes), and we were quickly shown a table.  

Our waitress was very nice and helpful.  She gave us some suggestions but I suspect she was a bit astonished at how much food we ordered.  Unfortunately there was no alcohol (boo) but for such tasty food, I'll let this pass.  After we ordered, another server placed a bowl of freshly fried chips and some pico de gallo and limes on our table.  tasty!  Then our waitress brought a homemade hot sauce to add to the collection of hot sauces already on the table - and warned us that it was hot!

Soon thereafter a delicious parade of food started coming, one after one.

Spicy Shrimp Tacos - fried tacos stuffed with shrimp and smothered in spicy sauce.  So good! Must have!  I think they are less than $2 each, and they were big!

Fish Tacos - it's been forever since I've had good fish tacos.  So many restaurants try and so many fail.  This is how they should be done!  I'm craving them now as I write this.

Shrimp Tacos - soft tacos with fried shrimps - also delicious, but I think if I had to choose, I'd pick the fish tacos.

Mixed Seafood Tostada - a fried tortilla covered with fresh fish, shrimp, octopus, avocado - incredibly refreshing and yummy.

Another Tostada .. sorry I forgot the name - but it also has shrimp and avocado and is spicy.  This is much more flavorful than the mixed seafood version.

The homemade hot sauce was awesome (but hot) and it definitely added a nice extra kick to all the food.

I think they must have their own lime and avocado trees because they were embarrassingly generous with them.  

I also brought back a fish taco for my mom and she loved it also.

This was such a spectacular food experience that I'm kicking myself that I didn't come sooner.

Everyone should run out and taste this fabulousness for themselves ASAP!

Oh and it's super cheap - I think all our food came to about $27.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment